Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall in New England




Here is a picture taken on October 23, 2009, of an actual pumpkin, grown in western Pennsylvania, that weighs 570 pounds. I couldn't believe how big the pumpkin was when I was up close to it. Its magnitude is obvious with the other smaller pumpkins overshadowed by it.





I like the contrast that the light creates in these two pictures taken in Connecticut of a river. There is a bridge overhead, so it was blocking some light from reaching the river and cast a shadow. I think the bottom picture shows a lot of texture to the water, so it could be argued that the bottom picture is more interesting than the top picture. The top picture, however, has a lot of texture in the rocks, which occupy half the space in the photograph. The top picture from this standpoint is successful as well.













No comments:

Post a Comment