Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Assignment: One Shot



For my assignment, I had to capture "light building". I thought of different ideas that included finding buildings that were dramatically lit on the outside, but then I realized that there was a perfect opportunity to capture "light building" on campus. The structure of the Pryz is such where the light that shines on the inside can also be seen on the outside at night. This allows it to be a more inviting building at night because of the light that emanates from it. I often have noted over these past weekends that it has been unfortunate to have to shoot pictures in the rain, but I found that the reflection off the sidewalk from the rain worked to enhance the photo. This gives further emphasis to the subject, "light building".





I decided to see what alterations could be done using Photoshop that could give the photo more character. First, I flipped the photo 180 degrees, then applied the watercolor and smudge functions. This gives it a more dramatic feel I think, inspired by the waterlilies of Monet.


























No comments:

Post a Comment